The beauty and health of our hair begins with the simplest gesture: the washing.
There are some small tricks that we can put into practice to get the most out of the moment of shampooing, without stressing the hair or damaging the skin. The very first thing to do is make sure you choose the right products for you, carefully observing the hair and scalp and taking a moment to really understand what they might need.
Once we have established the products we will use, here are the steps to follow:
Wet the entire hair using lukewarm water
Apply the shampoo starting at the back (nape of the neck), then apply it to the top, and finally to the front part of the head
On thick and long hair, it is better to apply shampoo in 2/3 steps by dispensing the right amount, to distribute it more easily.
How to understand what is the right amount of shampoo and whether to do 1 or 2 washes?
THE FOAM WILL TELL US!
Very dirty hair means that the shampoo will not produce foam, even with large amounts, and therefore a second wash will be necessary to completely cleanse both the scalp and the hair. On the other hand, clean hair will cause the shampoo to produce a lot of foam right away (even with a small amount of product) and therefore only one application will be more than enough.
- Once the shampoo is evenly distributed, massage vigorously with your fingertips only (not your nails!) making slow, circular motions all over the scalp. Pay special attention to the back of the head!
- Never rub your hair! It will wash automatically thanks to the surfactants contained in the shampoo, substances that can remove dirt from the scalp and hair
- Rinse the shampoo thoroughly from the scalp and hair for a few minutes, until you won't see any foam left
If necessary, repeat the operation by making a second wash.
- Proceed with the application of your conditioner or your mask of choice on the lengths, gently massaging by sliding the hand from the base to the ends, and leave the product on as long as indicated
- After this time, carefully rinse the hair and remove excess water with a microfiber towel, gently dabbing. Do not rub or squeeze!
- To finish your hair care routine, proceed with the desired styling and blow dry your hair while keeping it at a low temperature
Happy #HairCareRoutine from the Sendo Team!